Powered By Blogger

1/31/2012

Dallas or Ft.Worth? That is the Question.

As of right now, my immediate family and I live in a beautiful and affluent suburb of Dallas. The majority of the people who live in this small town are very well educated and wealthy. The schools out here are wonderful. The high school graduation rate out here is 97%.  The people out here are pretty nice BUT, we as in my family and I, are all alone out here.

My relatives whom I adore all live in Ft.Worth.  My Hubby doesn't talk to his family for so many reasons, it would probably require me to get an entirely new blog just to write about them, and they aren't worth it!

Any way,  so my family is not close by and I miss them. I miss all the fun we have when we are all together. I miss out on many family gatherings, like birthdays and pinatas. BUT, the part of Ft.Worth that I grew up in is NOT ideal for raising children. There is a HIGH crime rate, gangs are everywhere, drugs and teen pregnancy run rampant.  Now, Let me be fair, NOT ALL of Ft. Worth is like this, mostly just the North Side.

We recently visited a good friend and her neighborhood in Ft. Worth is IDEAL! Its nice, crime is low, the other stuff, I have to check into to be sure, but by her description it's not like the North Side. That's a good thing right?

I talked to my hubby, he loved the area and the idea of moving, providing that the house sells and he was able to find a GREAT job with GREAT benefits like he has now. Then, I talked to my 5 year old and she loves the idea of being near her uncle (my only brother) and her grandma, but she is in pre-school what does she know. I talked to my 1 year old and he just babbled, but I think he likes the idea. THEN, I talked to my 13 year old about possibly moving and, well, she was crushed. She doesn't want to move. She loves the idea of being so close to our family but hates the idea of leaving all of the friends that she waited so long to make. (Archives, describe her struggle to make friends through out elementary, lets just say, girls are MEAN)

Anyway, so now, I'm torn. I want to move, I want to be close to my brother and his new gf, who he may ask to marry soon. And you know what comes after marriage.....the baby carriage. I would go nuts if they have kids and I cant be near them to love on them and spoil them like they were my own.

Am I being selfish? Uhm, yes, But the  real question is, is this a good thing for our family?
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. I just don't know what to do.

Another thing I failed to consider is how my food trailer would do, if we moved? Will we be able to get into events the way we do now? ???

decisions decisions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming also. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.
New Generation Electric Hot Water Bottle Neck Pillow

Click here to see more pictures of more checks I have gotten from doing surveys. CLICK HERE

Visitors

free html visitor counters