Powered By Blogger

5/04/2009





Do you hate forwarded emails? I usually hate them. Especially the ones that ask to be forwarded to 70 of your closest friends because if you don't bad luck will overcome you, or you will be maimed and killed instantly. I ALMOST always read the ones I get from my close friends. I figure if they enjoyed the email enough to forward them to me they must be good. Sorry to say that isn't always true but, hey I sure don't want to risk 7 years of bad luck for not reading something my friends sent.

So, today I was deleting I mean reading the many emails that have been patiently sitting in my email box when I came across one that really touched me. I have no idea who wrote it. I may even be violating some kind of copy write laws or something but, I really had to share this. This is for all the women who are mothers, know a mother, and even have mother. I think this email captured everything I feel inside about the most important JOB I have.....being a MOTHER. I hope you all enjoy. Happy Mothers day. And if you are reading this MOM, I love you! & Happy Mothers day, from Me and the girls.


Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
Or forgot words to a lullaby..
I didn't worry whether or not
My plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.



Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
And my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
So doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
Watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
When I couldn't stop the hurt....
I never knew that something so small
Could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much..
I never knew I would love being a Mom...

Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
Having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel
To feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
Between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
Could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
Every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
The joy,
The love,
The heartache,
The wonderment
Or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
Before I was a Mom .

Send this to someone who you think is an awesome Mom.

May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life

2 comments:

Wolfbernz said...

I just wanted to stop by and say welcome to BlogDumps.

You have a great blog here.
Have fun surf BlogDumps there is a lot to do.

If you get a chance join us all on Top Sites Tuesday the post goes up on Mondays on the BlogDumps blog.

All the best
Wolf

AngelBaby said...

I remember those days when my children we little. Now they are grown and have families of their own so I am now a grandmother which I love so much. My grandchildren are almost as tall as I am so no more little ones to cuddle like before and I do miss that.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

By the way there is another something for you at my site so come and see.

Click here to see more pictures of more checks I have gotten from doing surveys. CLICK HERE

Visitors

free html visitor counters