Powered By Blogger

5/18/2009


Ok, I think I left that last post on long enough. I wanted to make sure all the mothers in the blogoshpere had a chance to read it. If not, its just right down there...right under this post.

Today though I want to congratulate my 10 year old Daughter who passed the TEXAS Assessment of Knowledge and skills test. She took the test a few weeks ago and we finally were given the results. Her teacher called me at work and told me that she deserves a treat because she not only passed with flying colors she damn near aced the test. She was given the scores of commendable for her reading portion and writing portion of the test. I am so unbelievably proud of my baby. I always knew she was a smart cookie, but forget the cookies she just takes the cake. Those state mandated test are no match for my little girl!!!

To My daughter,
I am so Proud you baby! I never lost faith in you. Even though you spent all those nights staying up late for extra studying and making me turn my once dormant brain back on so that I can help you with algebra and all that other "easy peasy" math, I never lost faith. In my mind I wondered why I even bothered making you study. You knew all that stuff. I knew I had to though, I couldn't let your incredible brain get rusty. What a waste that would have been. It happens though. There are so many children out there who are forgotten, who are thought of as burdens, who are not pushed just a little harder because they have no one who has faith in them. They have no one who believes in them and no one who has the time to invest in their future. Its a sad truth. I promised you when you were born that I would do everything I could to give you a safer and better life than I had. I promise you that I will never give up on you. I know that you can do anything you want. Any child that can keep a Straight "A" grade point average the entire school year deserves the very best that life has to offer. We will never lose faith in you and, although this may sound harsh, I will stay behind you. I will be there asking you if you finished your homework. I will give you pop quizzes. I will not accept any slacking from you, because you were never a slacker so I never expect you to become one.

Your father and I have sacrificed a lot to give you every opportunity that you deserve but, we don't consider it a sacrifice, we consider it an investment. We are investing in your future. Sure we live far from our family, I want you to know that they know we love them but, we love you that much more. So we will rejoice in the time we spend with our family who lives far away. But we will always remember that there is a reason for everything. Our reasons are two, they are you and your sister.

Baby, you have the world in your hands. You and your winning smile and your sweet sweet heart will be all that you can be. You are a blessing from God. You are my precious angel. You are my life. Your Daddy, baby sister and Mommy are beyond proud of you. If I could shout it to the world I would. I love you baby !!!!

1 comment:

AngelBaby said...

Wow! I think she takes after her mother! Congrats to your daughter and to you, mom.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Click here to see more pictures of more checks I have gotten from doing surveys. CLICK HERE

Visitors

free html visitor counters