Powered By Blogger

12/29/2012

Can we ever get over this?

Well, it's been two weeks since that horrific tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. I still can not fathom the loss of 20 innocent children. I have talked with lots of my friends who are young mothers like I am and we are all deeply deeply saddened by this. Many of us a little more so than others, since we have children the exact ages of those sweet angels that died that fateful day.  I have said it quite a few times and I'll say it again, watching such a horrific loss unfold on national television was so painful, the thought of losing any child, and in such a horrific way, hurt me to my soul. I can't explain why, not sure I want to either, but it did.

I made my self pull myself together and pay more attention. To what or whom you might ask, well, that's a good question. The answer is to my own children. I have three and they are all at such different stages in life that it gets overwhelming at times to really sit back and enjoy the life God has given me. The life that some times, frankly, I just don't feel I deserve.  Sure it's tough being a parent and that is definitely the price to pay, but there is something to be said for those who can sit back, relax and take in all of the glory that a child from God really is.

My husband and I both made a conscious decision  a long time ago to focus on our children. To make them happy and give them the life they deserve and it's sad to say but this tragedy has reawakened that mind set in us. It took this tragedy to reawaken our inner most want in life, to see our children live on.  To live and love and thrive in this world knowing all the while that their parents love them unconditionally.

So, we have chosen a way to honor those 20 children lost by treasuring every moment we get with our children because we really don't know what the future brings and we really don't know how much time we have together on this earth, so why not make the most of it. Why not show our children just how much they mean to us now before its too late.                                                                                  

Kayla bear, Lina my ballerina,  and lil Vic my main man, you were given to me to treasure and hold, to love and to mold and all of this I vow to uphold, my three angels from heaven a blessing I have been given, my love for you will never falter, I promise you this in the name of our Father.

No comments:

Click here to see more pictures of more checks I have gotten from doing surveys. CLICK HERE

Visitors

free html visitor counters